Excuses

There are a million reasons why you can't.  
Focus on the few reasons that you can.
- Kara Goucher

Feeling the weight of this quotable fact today.  It's raining, kind of cold, "I need to enjoy my day off," my mind tells me, yet this sort of thinking gets me no closer to my goals as a runner.

Reasons why I should run today:
- I won't melt if I get wet.
- I have cold weather gear.
- Running is enjoyable, so I should do what I enjoy on my day off.
- It's not snowing, get outside!
- I will be more energized afterward.
- I will be making progress on my goals as a runner.

What are your excuses holding you back from exercise today?  Answer that, then forget them.  Give yourself an excuse to exercise today!

2 comments:

  1. But what if your reasons not to run include small children who don't like to go to bed on time so daddy can at least start his run before most people are asleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take them for a run 1 hour before bed time then they will definitely sleep!

    ReplyDelete